Our Residents in Assisted Living have a new address - 400 West 5th street.
- The residents of the facility will enjoy all of the benefits of a retirement community, WITHOUT having to pay an entrance fee. Rents are billed on a month-to-month basis and only require a small security deposit to hold your reservation.
- The residents have the right and privilege of privacy.
- Residents in addition to their suites will enjoy the substantial common areas built for use by all the residents and their guests. These areas include the dining rooms, private dining room, entrance lobby, a lounge, an activities/craft room and additional storage areas. Residents will enjoy a relaxed life style in a secure environment with group and social activities available.
- Beautifully furnished lounge areas can be used for meeting room, card room, or anything the resident’s desire. The variety of common areas available allows the residents to participate in activities with small groups of friends or family.
- Units are designed to meet the special needs of the mature resident, including the disabled and physically challenged individual.
- A beautifully landscaped yard providing an attractive outdoor setting for use by the residents and their friends and family.
- Three meals per day are provided in a beautiful dining room.
- Visitors are welcome anytime day or night. However, for the resident's security, the main entry doors will be locked in the evening and the Staff that is on duty 24 hours a day will be available when needed. Residents have additional security of having their front door open onto an interior hallway.
- All residents can come and go as they please - free to do all the things they've wanted to do. The resident's suite will be monitored while they are away.
- Social and leisure activities, tailored to the desires of the residents, are available should they be desired. Community involvement with general activities is encouraged.
- Housekeeping will be done on a weekly basis in each living unit. This will include vacuuming and cleaning of kitchen and bath floors. Housekeeping of the hallways and all common areas is included. If additional personal housekeeping is desired (dusting, cleaning closets, etc.), it is available at a nominal cost.
- Three meals per day served by the dietary staff in the beautiful central dining room.
- Special diets will be provided as needed by each resident.
- Laundry service for sheets, pillowcases and towels will be done weekly, including pickup and delivery. Washers and dryers are available for personal use, or personal laundry can be done at nominal cost.
- All interior and exterior maintenance is provided, including appliances, lawns, landscaping, snow removal, mechanical systems, trash collections and pest control.
- All utilities and basic cable is included. Each unit has individually controlled heating and air conditioning. Telephone is not provided, although each unit is pre-wired.
- An emergency call system is located in the bedroom(s) and bathroom. The call system will be monitored by a staff member 24 hours a day.
- Additional Services such as home health, clinic or hospital care, guest meals, special events, etc. are coordinated by the professional staff and available at additional cost. The residents may choose their providers and be assured that the facility staff will coordinate the services and their access.
- Transportation services - wheel chair accessible bus or van, click here for photos.
- Bus and Van Transportation
Louisville Care Center has a 7 passenger van and a 14 passenger wheelchair accessible bus. Van rides are provided for medical trips to Louisville, Omaha and Lincoln and other surrounding areas at a set rate. Activity van rides are free. Please call the facility for schedules of activity van outings.
All living suites are fully equipped, ready to be furnished with the resident's own prized possessions.
All living suites are carpeted in the living room and bedroom with seamless vinyl flooring in the bathroom(s).
Draperies for all windows are provided.
Handrails are in all hallways. In addition, grab bars and an assist towel bar are provided in the bathroom including inside the shower.
All suite baths have a decorator vanity with one piece-molded top, quality fixtures, safety assist bars, medicine cabinets, and a fiberglass tub/shower.
Suites will have a kitchenette with decorator cabinets, refrigerator, microwave, and single stainless steel sink.
A central kitchen (nutrition center) is provided in the beautifully decorated central dining room.
Each resident will be able to enjoy the following features:
- Cable television and pre-wired telephone and computer outlets.
- Personal laundry facilities.
- A well lighted paved parking area for residents and guests and barrier free access to the building and the living units.
- Main entry door security system.
- 24-Hour Emergency call system in bathroom and bedroom.
- Smoke alarms in each living unit, and a monitored fire alarm system together with a sprinkler system.
HISTORY: How Assisted Living facility has been built
2005 - Sixty-seven concerned citizens support a petition calling for a special bond election. City Council unanimously approves the Special Election (see project description).